Local 793 is sponsoring a photo contest as part of the lead-up to the union’s 100th anniversary in 2019.
Prizes will be awarded for best photos in several categories:
- 1919 – 1920
- 1921 – 1929
- 1930 – 1939
- 1940 – 1949
- 1950 – 1959
- 1960 – 1969
- 1970 – 1979
- 1980 – 1989
- 1990 – 1999
- 2000 – 2009
- 2010 – Present
Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 29, 2018. A winner will be announced at the general membership meeting on Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018.
Some of the photos may be used in a special commemorative book being published to coincide with the 100th anniversary year.
The photos will be judged by a three-member committee.
Here are the rules:
- All photos must be high resolution, at least 5×7 inches at 300 dots per inch (DPI).
- Photos must be accompanied by a caption with information on the year the photo was taken, who or what is in the photo, where the photo was taken, and what’s happening in the photo.
- Only submissions with the required information will be considered.
- Please also include your union registration number when submitting the photo(s), so we can verify you are a member in good standing.
- Union members can submit more than one photo. In fact, multiple entries are encouraged.
Photo(s) can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Grant Cameron, director of communications, IUOE Local 793, 2245 Speers Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6L 6X8.
If you have any questions, please call Grant directly at 905-469-9299, ext. 2276.