Local 793 has a number of other services. For example:
The Social Services Department deals with:
- Claims, appeals and return-to-work issues with the WSIB
- Disability appeals to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Employment insurance
- Health and safety issues
The Labour Relations Department deals with:
- Collective agreement negotiations
- Unfair labour practice complaints
- Certification applications
- Termination of bargaining rights applications
- Related/successor employer applications
The Delinquency Department ensures that:
- Employers in contractual relations with Local 793 are remitting union dues for members, benefit plan contributions and pension plan contributions correctly and in a timely fashion.
The Legal Department:
- Works closely with Local 793’s area supervisors and business representatives.
- Co-ordinates and files all Local 793’s legal applications, including those that are filed with the Ontario Labour Relations Board.