Local 793’s Legal Department is under the umbrella of the Labour Relations Department.
The department works closely with Local 793’s area supervisors and business representatives.
This department coordinates and files all of Local 793’s legal applications, including those that are filed with the Ontario Labour Relations Board. Examples of more common applications include:
- Grievance referral applications to the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- First contract arbitration applications
- Certification applications in both the construction and non-construction sectors
- Conciliation applications
- Related and/or successor employer applications
- Unfair labour practice complaints
- Jurisdictional disputes